As part of Age UKs expansion of the Digital and Technology division we are looking for a talented Project Manager, to drive and deliver technology projects that will further enable Age UK to improve the lives of older people in the UK and Globally. The projects are related to Age UK's CRM platform, technical infrastructure and all other technology-centric projects.
This is a 12 month fixed term contract.
* Own, manage and drive technology projects across Age UK working with cross-functional teams ensuring that projects are fully scoped and delivered to time, cost and quality on agreed objectives
* Provide thought leadership on how to best utilise cloud technologies (e.g. Office 365) and suggest smarter ways of working
* Provide excellent stakeholder management across all projects, including scoping, requirements analysis and delivery projects
* To ensure that all projects are based on and meet user needs.
* Ensure regular planning, resource requirements, scheduling, risk management and budget control are in place
* Actively work with stakeholders ensuring user needs are at the heart of scoping requirements, negotiating issues or changes to scope to work within agreed timelines and budgets
* Work collaboratively with colleagues across the Digital and Technology team to ensure that all work is prioritised maximising the available cross-functional resource in an efficient and cost effective manner.
* Ensuring all documentation required for projects is completed and agreed and that the project can be sustained after development.
* Experience of managing multiple projects and prioritising work
* Experience working in a cross functional team
* Experience of working on projects to deliver IT services, business applications, IT infrastructure…
* Experience of working on CRM projects; preferably Microsoft Dynamics
Skills & Knowledge
* Good communicator with good level of negotiation, influencing and presentation skills
* Ability to consult, collaborate and influence colleagues throughout the organisation
* Ability to problem solve, to be adaptive and flexible in approach and to be solution-focussed
* Proven skills in Agile and or Prince 2 project management methodologies
* Knowledge of best practices in delivering CRM, Infrastructure & Operations services,
* Knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and products; namely Office 365 data transfer methods and protocols and data security protocols
* Understanding of key requirements and issues involved in cloud computing & infrastructure (Azure, AWS… etc.) and end user computing
* Strong organisational skills, able to work efficiently
* Ability to think innovatively and drive forwards change and implement plans
* A team player with the ability to build relationships
* Ability to understand and monitor external and organisational context
* Understanding of technology in the context of Charity Sector's users
* Exposure to business process mapping and process improvement techniques and methodologies
* Understanding of knowledge and information management best practices
Occasional travel to sites outside of London to enable performance of the duties and responsibilities and for the purposes of maintaining and updating professional skills and development
For a full list of benefits please click here
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.