Every year Age UK support millions of older people, but with an ageing population we need to continue to grow in order to keep meeting the demands on our services.
We are expanding our Group Contact Centre to allow us to meet this demand and continue to provide excellent customer service. Our Contact Centre handles requests for written and verbal information on a wide range of enquiries from people in later life, their carers, family and professionals who work with them.
We are seeking Customer Advisers to join a friendly and professional team in Ashburton and are able to offer full or part time opportunities with the following working patterns
Full time roles - 35 hours per week, Flexible working pattern, 5 x 7 hour shifts between the hours of 8am and 7pm.
Part time roles - 24 or 30 hours per week. Flexible working pattern, 4 or 5 x 6 hour shifts between the hours of 8am and 7pm.
Part time roles - 28 hours per week. Flexible working pattern, 4 x 7 hour shifts between the hours of 8am and 7pm.
* Provide an exemplary 'First Port of Call' service in a multi-channel environment ensuring you provide a friendly and professional service at all times.
* Keep up-to-date in knowledge and understanding of all Information and Advice literature /signposting/policies/processes.
* Responsible for ensuring that all enquiries are dealt with in line with Advice Services Alliance (General Quality Mark), Age UK Information & Advice Quality Programme Certification and Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) principles.
* Accurately respond to customer's e-mail enquiries using e-mail, telephone etc. in line with set procedures and policies.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
* Demonstrable Customer Service experience
* Previous experience of using CRM systems to process customer data.
* Good understanding of Word / Excel / Outlook
* Accurate data entry skills
* ECDL (European Computer Driving Licence) or equivalent qualification (Desirable)
* Confident / professional / outgoing telephone manner.
* Flexible attitude to hours of work.
* Ability to work as part of a team.
What we offer in return
* Competitive salary, £18,050 per annum for full time hours
* 26 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
* Annual leave purchase scheme
* A fantastic pension (with up to 9% employer contributions)
* Health cash plan
* Annual Season Ticket loan (spread the cost of your commute)
* Cycle to work scheme
* Shopping discounts and many more excellent benefits
Telephone interviews will take place on Thursday 5th and Friday 6th March. Successful candidates will then be invited to attend an assessment day on Friday 13th March.
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.