Every year Age UK support millions of older people, but with an ageing population we need to continue to grow in order to keep meeting the demands on our services.
We are expanding our National Information & Advice Line service to allow us to meet this demand and continue to provide excellent customer service. Our Contact Centre handles requests for written and verbal information on a wide range of enquiries from people in later life, their carers, family and professionals who work with them.
We are seeking Customer Service Advisers to join a friendly and professional team in Ashburton and are able to offer full or part time opportunities with the following working patterns
Full time roles - 35 hours per week, Flexible working pattern, 5 x 7 hour shifts between the hours of 8am and 7pm.
Part time roles - 28 hours per week. Flexible working pattern, 4 x 7 hour shifts between the hours of 8am and 7pm.
We are operational every day of the year, which results in advisers working, on average, one weekend every 6 weeks together with working, on average, 3 to 4 Bank Holidays during each year.
This role will initially be working from home with remote training (adhering to COVID 19 guidelines) with a view to returning to our Ashburton office.
* Ability to provide an exemplary 'First Port of Call' customer service
* A passion and understanding for the issues faced by older people.
* Previous experience of using CRM systems to process customer data.
* Good understanding of Word / Excel / Outlook
* Accurate data entry skills
* Confident / professional / outgoing telephone manner.
* Flexible attitude to hours of work.
* Ability to work as part of a team.
What we offer in return
* Competitive salary, 26 days annual leave + bank holidays + annual leave purchase scheme.
* Excellent pension scheme (we will contribute up to 9%), life assurance, Simply Health cashback plan and EAP.
* Car Benefit Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Season Ticket Loan.
* Techscheme - buy any tech from Apple or Currys, up to £1000, and spread the cost over 12 months, interest free
* Discount on Gym Membership and Go Sweat Fitness & Wellbeing Benefit.
* You Did It Awards - recognition awards from £100-250.
Please see the attached job description for a full list of duties and responsibilities.
These roles are normally based at our offices in Ashburton, but due to coronavirus all of our staff are currently working from home, and this is likely to continue while social distancing restrictions remain in place. Successful applicants will need to be comfortable working from home for the training period and likely beyond, depending on how the coronavirus situation develops
Telephone interviews will take place on Thursday 13th and Friday 14th August. Successful candidates will then be invited to participate in an online assessment on Friday, 21st August.
We are an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them