How to apply
Salary: £31,000 - £35,000 per annum
Hours: 35 per week
Closing date: 17-01-19
Age UK are seeking a Data Specialist to join our CRM and Group Database team at our Head Office in London. £90m of our income is delivered by data-driven marketing communications, making the selection of data business-critical to our Fundraising and Social Enterprise teams. So you could be selecting data for a charity appeal one day and for a home insurance mailing the next.
You will work with marketing teams to confirm the content of the brief and key requirements. You will be expected to execute data selections from our BI Data Warehouse using SQL programming language or FastStats (data analysis software). You will be required to deliver data integrity including data governance factors through the selection process; your success will be demonstrated by the accuracy, consistency and completeness of the data that you provide to brief. All tasks will be under the direction of the team manage
* You will be selecting data for AGE UK's financial services products, charity appeals, and our campaigning and events teams.
* You may be using propensity scores from analytical data models, produced in-house, to select segments of data.
* You will be expected to understand annual business unit marketing plans and to be final approver in the various associated data selection briefs, to ensure the integrity of the customer and donor journey.
* Delivering data selections using our in-house data cleaning software (Cygnus).
* Taking responsibility for briefing teams regarding marketing activity, including volumes of data selected and the levels of suppression you have
* Experience in equivalent role, interrogating databases (SQL and/or FastStats desirable) to produce segmented data for marketing campaigns.
* Proficiency with the use of Microsoft Excel.
* Experience of applying data governance rules, both regulatory and those that enhance the customer experience
Skills & Knowledge
* Knowledge and understanding of relational database structure.
* Good communication skills married with excellent diplomacy skills.
* Able to translate and communicate complex data-related issues to the varying levels of stakeholder audience.
* Proficiency in data query languages.
* Knowledge and understanding of data manipulation across different packages.
* Knowledge of using data cleaning bureau services is desirable
For a full list of benefits please click here
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.