How to apply
Age UK's vision is a world where everyone can love later life. We know some people can face illness, loneliness or poverty as they grow older. Whatever the situation, Age UK provides support and vital services to help make later life the best it can be.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a proven Data Visualisation Analyst to undertake a pivotal role in the new Quality and Transformation Team. The purpose of this new role is to excite others about data and analytics which will provide information and insight across the whole Age UK network. In turn, this information and insight will inform strategic thinking and decision making, shaping programmes and project delivery whilst creating a hub for the team's quality and transformation plans.
This is a 12 month fixed term contract.
Apply today to play a vital role at the heart of our ambitious transformation team.
* To create, update and maintain a database for all local Age UK's area of operation.
* To provide an analytics function to enable local Age UK's to efficiently deliver services for older people, particularly focusing on population health and analysing services.
* To develop dynamic visualisation and dashboards for strategic and operational audiences using Tableau and other analytics tools.
* Work closely with internal and local Age UK stakeholders to maximise data value.
* Build and deliver analytic models to answer service development questions and resolve issues.
* Drive ongoing improvements of data management within the team and lead on the integration of new analytical tools and sources.
Skills & Experience
* Exceptional data management and numeracy skills, with the ability to run statistical analysis.
* Intermediate to advance MS Excel skills - to perform data analysis, identify trends, visualise results.
* Close attention to detail and the ability to use statistical tools such as R.
* Knowledge of, and ability to use, data visualisation and mapping tools such as Tableau or ArcGIS.
* Knowledge of data quality approaches, data management and storage.
* Ability to pull large, diverse sets of data together to provide joined up analysis.
* Strong planning and organisational skills along with the ability to work calmly and efficiently under pressure.
* Solution focused, with good interpersonal skills at all levels.
* Educated to degree level in a relevant field or equivalent career experience.
* A collaborative team player who is keen to learn and develop further.
* A strong commitment to being user-led and the ability to support others with this approach (desirable)
* Good understanding of the charity sector and/or one of our key policy areas: information and advice, social care, benefits and ending loneliness (desirable, non-essential)
* Occasional travel to other locations for work may be required.
For a full list of benefits please click here
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.