Age UK are currently recruiting for a Data Visualisation Analyst. This is a permanent position based at our Tavis House office in London.
The successful applicant will undertake a key role in the Quality & Transformation Team to get people excited about data and analytics, and provide information and insight for use within the team, across the division and the wider local Age UK Network. This information and insight will inform strategic thinking and decision making, shape programmes and project delivery and provide a base for the team's quality and transformation plans.
Successful shortlisted applicants will be invited to interview at our London based office the week commencing the 9th March.
Shortlisted applicants may be asked to participate in a pre-screening telephone call.
You will have:
* Experience designing and/or managing information systems and processes to inform service delivery, strategy, systems and ways of working
* Strong statistical analytical skills with the ability to make connections between data, identify trends and highlight problems
* Solid experience with data-handling tools, including client databases and analytics, e.g. Tableau, Power BI, ArcGIS, MS Dynamics, R, SQL, Excel
* Experience of providing reports and presenting information in an engaging and accessible way, in a variety of formats and for a range of audiences (including senior managers)
* Ability to deliver to deadlines in a fast paced environment
* Knowledge of data quality approaches, data management and storage
* The ability to pull large diverse sets of data together to provide a joined up analysis
* Solid organisational and planning skills and the ability to work calmly and confidently under pressure.
* Good interpersonal and relationship-building skills at all levels, and the ability to support internal stakeholders to scope projects that are feasible and effective.
* The ability to focus, to pay close attention to detail and produce work that is thorough and of high quality.
* A keenness to learn and develop within the role
* A good understanding of the charity sector and/or of one of our key policy areas: information and advice, social care, benefits and ending loneliness.
What we offer in return
* 26 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
* Annual leave purchase scheme
* A fantastic pension (with up to 9% employer contributions)
* Health cash plan
* Annual Season Ticket loan (spread the cost of your commute)
* Cycle to work scheme
* Shopping discounts and many more excellent benefits
For a full list of benefits please click here https://www.ageuk.org.uk/about-us/jobs/employee-benefits/
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.