How to apply
There has never been a more exciting time to join Age UK as we're investing in an ambitious fundraising strategy to help us deeply engage more supporters in our work. We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic direct marketer to develop their career further and make a significant difference to vulnerable older people in need.
We are looking for an excellent Direct Marketing Manager with a good understanding of a variety of direct marketing channels including direct mail, DRTV and digital to help deliver our ambitious new fundraising strategy to acquire, develop and retain supporters with the aim of maximising the value of the relationship.
We can offer:
* A varied and challenging role
* A friendly team and collaborative environment
* A commitment to development and learning
* A range of benefits including a very competitive pension scheme
* Manage the Individual Marketing programme across both donor acquisition and development
* Monitor business plan and budget for your area of responsibility.
* Responsible for briefing, development, delivery of agreed campaigns and channels as well as managing financial and non-financial objectives.
* Work collaboratively with other team members and departments to ensure opportunities for innovation are explored
* Strive for improvement to business performance, supporter satisfaction and lifetime value
* Manage relationships with external agencies and suppliers.
* Responsible for effective line management of 2 Senior Direct Marketing Executives
Experience & Skills
* Experience of managing complex successful acquisition and retention campaigns
* Experience of working cross departmentally to deliver on campaigns' objectives
* Experience of managing multiple projects
* Excellent understanding of database marketing, analysis and segmentation
* Experience of managing direct marketing budgets
* Ability to critically assess concepts and copy
* Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
Please note this is a 12 month fixed term contract.
For a full list of benefits please click here
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.