We are looking for a Director of Finance, Planning and Risk to work directly with the CFO and be responsible for delivering a robust and agile financial strategy, including oversight of both risk and strategic planning.
Age UK has seen a huge increase in the demand for our services and support since the pandemic began in March. Calls to our Advice Line have doubled and requests for telephone friendship have trebled. To continue our efforts to support older people who need us the most, we need to provide innovative and practical solutions to our strategic planning processes which ensure stability and growth of the charity.
As our fundraising team aims to grow our income beyond £60m in the next 5 years, we need a Finance director who has the experience to understand the different types of fundraising income (multi-year grants, contracts, IG, legacies etc.), direct service delivery and influencing, along with suppliers and intercompany movements in a complex group structure. We also have lottery/raffles activity, a significant retail estate and a FCA registered commercial subsidiary. The shared services function is provided through a trading CIC.
* Accounting skills covering management accounting, financial accounting and charity accounting including external audit liaison
* Deep understanding of restricted funds, multi-year funding and charity reserves principles.
* A confident and positive approach to handling interaction with others by using a full range of interpersonal skills
* Strong leadership, team and people management skills with experience of building, organising, and driving high performing, outcome-focused teams.
* Experience of leading agile planning, budgeting and forecasting processes in a complex, multi-entity organisation
* Hands on experience of finance system implementation and developing reporting tools
* Ability to demonstrate and deliver project and change management
* Oversight of risk management and risk registers
* Comfortable with presenting finance reports to directors and trustees on a regular basis
* Must have an accounting qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA/CIPFA) or qualified through extensive experience
What we offer in return
* Competitive salary, 26 days annual leave + bank holidays + annual leave purchase scheme.
* Excellent pension scheme, life assurance, Simply Health cashback plan and EAP.
* Car Benefit Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Season Ticket Loan.
* Techscheme - buy any tech from Apple or Currys, up to £1000, and spread the cost over 12 months, interest free
* Discount on Gym Membership and Go Sweat Fitness & Wellbeing Benefit.
* You Did It Awards - recognition awards from £100-250.
For a full list of benefits please click here
For full job details please review the attached job description.
This role will be based from our head office on Tavistock Square, however the office is temporarily closed due to covid-19 and plans to reopen the office have not been finalised.
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.