Age UK's vision is a world where everyone can make the most of later life, and key in our work to making like better for millions of older people in the UK, is our External Affairs Department in our Influencing Division. The Department plays a key role in building and maintaining our relationships with parliamentarians and politicians, and in creating eye-catching high-profile national campaigns to create public awareness of the big issues that affect older people.
We are now recruiting for a well organised Divisional Co-ordinator to join the team and provide a broad range of administrative support to the External Affairs Department. If successful you will be responsible for:
* Providing administrative support to the Head of Departments and a team of 12, and supporting with national public awareness campaigns and parliamentary work.
* Organising meetings and events, including confirming attendees, distributing agendas, venues and catering.
* Note taking and recording of minutes at complex meetings
* Booking travel & accommodation
* Departmental diary management (shared with other co-ordinators)
* You will be highly organised with great time management skills and the ability to prioritise a busy workload.
* You should be an experienced administrator / co-ordinator with a background experience multiple people / teams.
* You'll have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of colleagues and stakeholders.
* You will need to demonstrate excellent IT skills, especially MS office.
* Your note taking skills and ability to prepare minutes from meetings will be essential as will your proactive can-do attitude to your work.
What we offer in return
In return we can offer an excellent salary between £21,000 and £23,000 per annum and fantastic benefits including 26 days annual leave + bank holidays, excellent pension (we contribute up to 9%), Life Assurance, Healthcare Cashback Plan, Season Ticket Loan, Cycle to work scheme, flexible working and much more.
For a full list of benefits please click here https://www.ageuk.org.uk/about-us/jobs/employee-benefits/
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.