Would you like to join a service that makes a difference to older people in Wales? The Covid-19 pandemic has resulted in a significant increase in the need for the services Age Cymru provide. We are recruiting for an Engagement Support Coordinator to join the team at Age Cymru and provide practical support to older peoples groups, forums and organisations.
You will act as a key point of contact for individuals and older people groups throughout Wales, providing practical support and ensuring a smooth and practical working relationship between is maintained between all organisations. This will include providing event management for conferences, workshops, seminars, contributing to case studies and delivering a secretariat function for certain groups.
* You will be well organised with comprehensive experience providing administrative support.
* You will have great communication skills, written and verbal, with the ability to interact with a diverse range of groups and individuals.
* You should demonstrate good IT skills, particularly with word processing, excel and email.
* Ideally you will have some experience working with older peoples groups or organisations, or an understanding of the issues facing older people today.
* Fluency in the Welsh language would be desirable, although not essential to your application.
What we offer in return
In return we can offer an excellent salary of £23,515, and great benefits including 26 days annual leave + bank holidays, excellent pension life assurance, healthcare cashback plan, season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme, flexible working and much more.
This role will be initially home based, then office based in Cardiff when safe to do so, and will require travel throughout the region.
For a full list of benefits please click here https://www.ageuk.org.uk/about-us/jobs/employee-benefits/
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.