Age UK is seeking an Executive Assistant to the Fundraising & Engagement Director to join our award-winning Fundraising team!
As an experienced EA, you will provide professional administrative and business support to the Fundraising & Engagement Director and the wider Fundraising Leadership team (FLT). You'll be confident in building internal relationships, taking initiative and will enjoy overseeing multiple deadlines, co-ordinating and prioritising workflow and diaries, and sensitively supporting key relationships.
This is a high-profile opportunity within our £60m+ successful Fundraising Directorate at Age UK and would suit an enthusiastic EA or experienced project manager who is keen to understand how the Fundraising & Engagement Division works as a whole.
This is a full-time, hybrid-working role with some working at Age UK's central London home. We have a flexible approach to hybrid working and will discuss with candidates.
All applications for this role will be anonymised, we won't know your name, address or gender until after shortlisting for interview has taken place. We want to select the best candidate for this key role based on lived experience and passion, rather than qualifications.
You will have:
- Experience in an EA, PA or project management role, working alongside an Executive or Board director, or proven experience of managing a busy office with pressing demands and deadlines
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with a high sense of discretion
- A pro-active and flexible approach to work
- Experience of providing triage support to a senior company member
- Experience providing briefings and preparation for high level meetings and engagements
- The ability to use own initiative and work without close supervision
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills
- A high level of self-confidence and the ability to take appropriate action
- The ability to learn quickly to achieve a good understanding of Age UK's vision, mission, objectives and its operations
- The ability to write correspondence for a wide variety of purposes including taking minutes at meetings
- Proficient skills in all Microsoft Office packages to include Word, PowerPoint and Excel
What we offer in return
* Competitive salary, 26 days annual leave + bank holidays + annual leave purchase scheme.
* Excellent pension scheme, life assurance, health cashback plan and EAP.
* Car Benefit Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Season Ticket Loan.
* Techscheme - buy any tech from Apple or Currys, up to £1000, and spread the cost over 12 months, interest free
* Heka Fitness & Wellbeing Benefit.
* You Did It Awards - recognition awards from £100-250.
- Flexible working - we would be happy to discuss this with candidates. This role is not suitable for someone who wants to work for fewer than 25 hours a week.
- Occasional travel may be required for meetings, which may involve some overnight stays.
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.