How to apply
Age UK's vision is a world where everyone can love later life. We know some people can face illness, loneliness or poverty as they grow older. Whatever the situation, Age UK provides support and vital services to help make later life the best it can be. We're passionately committed to helping as many people as possible love later life.
We are now recruiting for a Finance Manager to join the Age UK and deliver departmental financial agendas, ensuring the production of commercially astute and incisive management information, and analysis. This role will carry line management responsibility for a team of professional qualified accountants, along with managing the finances for the commercial departments of Age UK including our retail and enterprise divisions.
* Develop and implement financial strategies that support achievement of divisional operating objectives.
* Deliver timely, high quality, robust management information and reporting
* Contribute to strategy reviews, e.g. annual budgeting and financial forecasting, ensuring they are subject to appropriate challenge and analysis.
* Ensure compliance with the Age UK Group accounting policies.
* Develop, implement and manage an effective system of financial controls and procedures
* Review monthly financial statements and budget variances, identify business trends, review product profitability and expense control and highlight areas of improvement. Provide sound financial information in order to enable business areas to make decisions.
* Participate fully with external and internal audit; ensuring actions are progressed in a timely and communicative manner.
Develop a high performance team, including:
* Setting clear objectives and undertaking regular review and annual appraisal.
* Supporting individual personal development plans for self and direct reports.
* Manage performance and workload of direct reports.
* Promote the Age UK values.
* Monitor and ensure performance is in line with stakeholder expectations (SLA's where appropriate).
* Prior experience within a Business partnering / FP&A/ Management accounting function is essential, as is experience managing a small team of professional qualified accountants.
* You will need excellent report creation and development skills including the use of KPIs to explain trends up to Board Level
* Demonstrable experience of working with and presenting to staff at all levels of the organisation (Directors, senior managers and budget holders, financial and non-financial staff) either via verbal reasoning, reports or presentations.
* Substantive experience in the general control of financial operations including budgeting, analysis, investigations, problem solving.
Skills, Knowledge and Qualifications
* Must be fully qualified CIMA, ACA, ACCA or equivalent
* A team player with experience of working with multi-disciplined teams in a management accounting / business partnering role.
* Articulate and attentive to detail, with excellent analytical and problem solving skills
* Proven proficiency with MS Excel up to advanced level.
* Ability to work to deadlines.
* Knowledge and proven experience working with financial accounting packages and corporate reporting systems.
For a full list of benefits please click here
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.