Age UK is recruiting for a Financial Planning & Analysis Manager to ensure the production of commercially astute incisive management information and analysis to support and challenge the performance of the division.
Being a qualified accountant with substantial experience, you will work closely with divisional management (Directors/Heads and other budget holders) to deliver on the "financial agenda" for the division.
Contributing to the good governance and risk management of the division and to the development of the broader FP&A and Group Finance teams.
This fantastic opportunity is a hybrid role, dividing time between the London office and home working.
You will have:
- Experience of managing a team of professional accountants.
- Prior experience within a Business partnering / FP&A/ Management accounting function.
- Report creation and development skills including the use of KPIs to explain trends etc. up to Board Level presentation standards.
- Strong communication skills that demonstrate experience of working with and presenting to staff at all levels of the organisation (Directors, senior managers and budget holders, financial and non-financial staff) either via verbal reasoning, reports or presentations.
- Substantive experience in the general control of financial operations including budgeting, analysis, investigations, problem solving.
- The ability to build and maintain relationships, with good negotiating and influencing skills.
- Proven proficiency with MS Excel up to advanced level.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and be articulate.
- The ability to work to deadlines.
- Knowledge and proven experience working with financial accounting packages and corporate reporting systems. Jet and Navision experience advantageous but not essential.
What we offer in return
* Competitive salary, 26 days annual leave + bank holidays + annual leave purchase scheme.
* Excellent pension scheme, life assurance, Simply Health cashback plan and EAP.
* Car Benefit Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Season Ticket Loan.
* Techscheme - buy any tech from Apple or Currys, up to £1000, and spread the cost over 12 months, interest free
* Discount on Gym Membership and Go Sweat Fitness & Wellbeing Benefit.
* You Did It Awards - recognition awards from £100-250.
For a full list of benefits please click here https://www.ageuk.org.uk/about-us/jobs/employee-benefits/
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.