Age UK is the country's largest charity dedicated to helping everyone make the most of later life. Too many older people feel they have no one to turn to for support. We exist to help older people when they need us the most. Join a team with the passion and determination to make a difference!
We are looking for a motivated Financial Security & Inclusion Policy Manager to join our Policy and Research Team. The successful candidate will lead Age UK's public policy work on a range of issues relating to personal finances and income, including financial capability, managing money, benefits and private sector financial services.
If you have the ability to confidently influence decision makers, develop public policy proposals and manage policy projects, whilst supporting colleagues based on analysis and your expertise, then we are very keen to hear from you.
Closing date for applications -18th September, Interview dates 2nd & 3rd October
The Policy & Research Team
You will be joining Age UK's Policy and Research team which has around 20 staff and is led by the Director of Policy and Research. The post holder will work closely with other policy staff especially the Income and Poverty Policy Manager, and with research colleagues.
You will also work with colleagues in other parts of the organisation including Parliamentary Affairs, Media and Campaigns. The job is varied - for example, it may include writing a response to a Government consultation, working with colleagues to develop a research project, meeting with external stakeholders, speaking at a conference, responding to urgent media enquiries.
Your main duties will be to:
* Conduct analysis to develop public policy proposals
* Project manage policy projects
* Act on behalf of Senior Policy Manager when required
* Provide evidence based analysis from a range of sources
* Use expertise and sector specific knowledge throughout Age UK's policy work
* Write effective communications, including consultation responses, policy reports and briefings, for a diverse range of audiences in a persuasive, accessible language
* Undertake proactive and reactive media work alongside Age UK's media team.
* Be an advocate for older people, speaking at seminars, managing stakeholder relationships and representing Age UK on committees, conferences etc
What you can bring to the job:
* Excellent skills in policy analysis
* Be an expert (or have the potential to be) in finance, benefits and inclusion for older people
* Excellent written communication skills, be able to present complex issues in a persuasive, accessible style to varied audiences
* Proficiency in understanding and interpreting data in a policy context
* Good advocacy, numeracy and digital skills
* Project management - experience of managing complex influencing activities
* The commitment to equality, diversity, social justice and giving people a voice
For a full list of benefits please click here
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.