Since 2005, Age UK has offered a free telephone friendship service called Call in Time, which supports older people who may not have someone to talk to regularly.
We match hundreds of older people with trained and supported volunteers who, together, enjoy a weekly phone chat about anything from the weather to what's been going on in both their lives.
We are looking for a Friendship Coordinator to join our team, to help us deliver an effective and efficient telephone befriending service. You will be supporting our existing friendship members and our volunteers.
* Confident dealing with people from different levels and situations
* Ability to build and maintain effective relationships on the telephone
* Ability to prioritise competing deadlines and workloads.
* Excellent oral communication skills
* Excellent telephone manner and excellent customer service skills
* Project management skills including the ability to work flexibly and autonomously, managing individual projects to meet KPI's and deadlines.
* Proven ability to work flexibly as part of a team.
* Understanding of the issues facing older people.
* Commitment to promoting equality and valuing diversity
What we offer in return
* Competitive salary, 26 days annual leave + bank holidays + annual leave purchase scheme.
* Excellent pension scheme (we will contribute up to 9%), life assurance, Simply Health cashback plan and EAP.
* Car Benefit Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Season Ticket Loan.
* Techscheme - buy any tech from Apple or Currys, up to £1000, and spread the cost over 12 months, interest free
* Discount on Gym Membership and Go Sweat Fitness & Wellbeing Benefit.
* Perkz (online employee benefits scheme offering discount with UK retailers.
* You Did It Awards - recognition awards from £100-250.
We have a number of roles in Ashburton, Devon and Blackpool. Please specify within your application your preferred location.
Due to Covid-19 interviews for these roles will be conducted via video.
For a full list of benefits please click here https://www.ageuk.org.uk/about-us/jobs/employee-benefits/
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.