Due to the increased demand for our Telephone Friendship Service we are pleased to be recruiting for additional coordinators to support older people who need us most. We are growing our team over the next few weeks and have several new positions in our supportive and friendly team.
Our National Telephone Friendship Service, offers older people all across the UK friendship over the telephone. We support thousands of matches between older people and trained volunteers, who together enjoy a regular weekly telephone chat. Our service makes a huge difference to the lives of older people who are lonely and isolated - giving them a chance to make a new friend from the comfort of their home.
As a Friendship Co-ordinator you'll be the first port of call to support our volunteers and our older members, ensuring that our service runs safely and efficiently. We support volunteers and older people all over the UK - so you'll need to be comfortable spending a lot of time on the phone and communicating by email - and have excellent customer service skills. You'll also need to be passionate about supporting older people and have a good understanding of older people's needs.
Please note, this role can either be based at our office in Blackpool, or in Ashburton Devon. The team is split across these two locations. We are currently fully home-based, so you must have a suitable space to work at home (all IT equipment will be provided). We plan in future to move to a flexible model of home and office based-working, so you will need to be within a reasonable distance of either the Blackpool or Ashburton office and be willing to travel there.
This role is a 35-hour working week, 5 days out of 7 with start and end times between 8am and 6pm. It will include weekend and bank holiday shifts, which will be arranged on a rota basis.
- Excellent communication skills
- Confident and friendly telephone manner
- Demonstrates empathy, respect and kindness
- A passion for supporting older people
- The ability to work flexibly
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Office
- Ability to manage a busy workload
- A commitment to promoting equality and diversity
- A positive team player
What we offer in return
* Competitive salary, 26 days annual leave + bank holidays + annual leave purchase scheme.
* Excellent pension scheme, life assurance, Simply Health cashback plan and EAP.
* Car Benefit Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Season Ticket Loan.
* Techscheme - buy any tech from Apple or Currys, up to £1000, and spread the cost over 12 months, interest free
* Discount on Gym Membership and Go Sweat Fitness & Wellbeing Benefit.
* You Did It Awards - recognition awards from £100-250.
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.