Age International is committed to supporting older people in some of the poorest parts of the world. With the help of their supporters, Age International supported almost 1 million older people last year, with almost 600,000 older people and their families receiving vital provisions during emergencies and millions benefitting from government policies campaigned for by the charity.
Due to a recent promotion, we now have an exciting opportunity to join this fantastic team as a Governance and Office Manager on a part-time basis (17.5 hours a week).
Utilising their aptitude for organisation and building rapport, the successful applicant will provide administrative support to the Chief Executive, and work with them in the preparation and management of Board meetings.
As Governance and Office Manager, you will also play a pivotal role in ensuring that other aspects of the governance of Age International run smoothly, such as the timely review of organisational policies by trustees, and the sharing of communications relevant to their governance role.
You will be a focal point for providing support on a number of specific areas of work for all Age International colleagues, arranging staff meetings, international travel, and ensuring that organisational policies and ways of working are regularly reviewed and kept up to date.
This versatile role offers Hybrid working between home and our modern co-working hub, based in the centre of London, surrounded by excellent amenities and fantastic views overlooking Tower Bridge. Due to the Hybrid nature of the role, candidates must be UK based and within a reasonable commuting distance to central London.
All applications for this role will be anonymised, we won't know your name, address or gender until after shortlisting for interview has taken place. We want to select the best candidate for this key role based on experience and passion. Salary band is pro rata.
You will have:
* Administrative experience - including minute taking, diary management and administrative support to a team.
* Experience of maintaining company records.
* A good understanding of charity governance.
* The ability to use current office technology including MS Teams, Board software and associated communication tools.
* Excellent written communications skills.
* Confidence working across departments and the ability to build strong working relationships.
* The ability to prioritise work and meet tight deadlines.
* An ability to use initiative and judgement in dealing with urgent or sensitive situations without direct supervision.
* Ability to work with discretion on confidential matters.
What we offer in return
* Competitive salary, 26 days annual leave (pro rata) + bank holidays + annual leave purchase scheme.
* Excellent pension scheme, life assurance, health cashback plan and EAP.
* Car Benefit Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Season Ticket Loan.
* Techscheme - buy any tech from Apple or Currys, up to £1000, and spread the cost over 12 months, interest free
* Heka Fitness & Wellbeing Benefit.
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.