Age Co is 100% owned by Age UK. We sell products and services designed to help people make the most of later life, and we give our profits to the charity enabling them to support those older people most at need. With nearly 40 years' experience we offer a wide range of solutions from carefully selected companies who are expert in their fields, and who share our dedication to value and customer service.
We currently offer Car insurance, Home insurance, Funeral plans, Legal services, Personal alarms, Incontinence products, Stairlifts, Homelifts and Bathing solutions.
We are currently recruiting for a Head of Compliance & Risk to take responsibility for the Risk & Compliance function within Age Co. This includes establishing and delivering an annual compliance plan, compliance framework and providing assurance to the senior executive team and board.
The post holder would hold SMF 16 & 17 and maintain ownership for SM&CR, its responsibilities, annual assessments, and regulatory references, embedding its culture within the organisation.
This fantastic hybrid role will be responsible for ensuring a robust and functioning risk framework is embedded across Age Co.
You will have:
* Excellent knowledge and understanding of FCA regulation and the regulatory & risk frameworks
* Full understanding of the Financial Conduct Authority and the regulatory landscape
* Comprehensive understanding of FCA systems, ie Connect
* Evidence of completing FCA returns, documentation and survey.
* Effective communication skills, able to present complex information to Age Co Executive Team, Age Co Board. Audit & Risk Committee and other stakeholders.
* Excellent report writing skills and attention to detail
* Evidence of working collaboratively with colleagues and across multiple organisations
* The ability to research and analyse regulatory requirements
* Strong interpersonal skills and can remain professional respecting sensitivities around confidential information at all times
What we offer in return
* Competitive salary, 26 days annual leave + bank holidays + annual leave purchase scheme.
* Excellent pension scheme, life assurance, Simply Health cashback plan and EAP.
* Car Benefit Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Season Ticket Loan.
* Techscheme - buy any tech from Apple or Currys, up to £1000, and spread the cost over 12 months, interest free
* Heka Fitness & Wellbeing Benefit.
* You Did It Awards - recognition awards from £100-250.
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.