Can you help Wales to be a better place to grow older?
We are recruiting for a Health and Social Care Policy and Campaigns Officer to join the Age Cymru team and support the influencing work of Age Cymru. This post will support the effective delivery of Age Cymru health and social care policy, and campaign work to enable Age Cymru to better support the health and wellbeing of older people across Wales. This is a 12 month fixed term contract.
If successful you will:
* Deliver Age Cymru health and social care policy
* Implement Age Cymru health campaign plans, ensuring they are promoted widely to a diverse audience across Wales.
* Develop and maintain relationships with external partners and organisations for the effective delivery of the Age Cymru health and social care campaigns.
* Develop and maintain a resource of accurate, up to date information on issues affecting older people and support the development of any campaign publications or reports.
* You should have excellent knowledge of the Health and Social Care agenda in Wales, coupled with excellent knowledge of issues affecting older people.
* You will have experience delivering public campaigns and engaging with diverse audiences.
* You will need excellent influencing skills and the ability to work in partnership with other agencies including statutory and voluntary organisations.
* You'll have the ability to absorb and analyse complex material and apply it practically, along with the ability to exercise your own initiative, and prioritise and manage your own workload.
* The ability to speak fluent Welsh would be beneficial but is not essential.
What we offer in return
In return we can offer a generous holiday allowance 27 days made up of 24 choice days and 3 days to be used between Christmas & New Year - Including carry forward, Flexible Hours Working Scheme, Competitive Employer pension, Life assurance up to 4 times your annual salary, Healthcare cashback plan.
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.