How to apply
Do you love to challenge injustice? Do you want to empower our customers to manage their own later lives?
As an Information and Advice (I&A) Adviser you will be providing accurate, impartial, and comprehensive advice and information to enquirers who contact Age UK's flagship national telephone advice service 'Age UK Advice'.
The successful post holder will have excellent communications skills with the ability to provide accurate and friendly information in an empathic way and to offer advice over the phone and by email. You will be customer focussed and committed to providing a high quality service that makes a real difference to the lives of older people.
In this full time role you will receive extensive specialist training to offer an in-depth advice service to phone and email enquirers from across England. You will help them to understand and implement their rights in areas such as care at home or in a care home, maximising their income via benefit uptake, housing issues, managing their money and health in later life and many other issues related to later life.
* Excellent active listening skills
* The ability to learn and understand large amounts of complex information and legislation
* The ability to present clearly and concisely complex subject knowledge, both orally and in writing
* Confident general IT skills
* A passion to help older people have the later life they choose for themselves
* The ability and willingness to work within some time constraints
* A love of working within a warm and inclusive team environment
* A passion for providing a high quality service
Additional Role Information
All our Advisers complete an intensive induction programme lasting up to three months and receive on-going training, enabling us to respond to our customers' complex enquiries. We will consider applications from those who have not worked in an Information and Advice role previously but have some of the other skills listed above.
Our Ashburton office offers the following additions:
*Free onsite parking
* Car share opportunities
* Quiet room
* Monthly and weekly wellbeing meetings including Carers support, fitness classes and book club
* Excellent benefits package including 26 days holiday + bank holidays and generous pension contributions of up to 9%, health cover and holiday purchase scheme. Please click on the link below for a full list of benefits.
Closing Date for applications 27th June, 2019
Fifteen minute telephone interview
Assessment day - running from 09:30 a.m to approx. 14:30 pm which will include a lunch.
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.