Are you looking for an exciting career with a large National Charity? Do you love to challenge injustice? Do you want to make a real difference to the welfare of older people across the country?
As an Information and Advice (I&A) Adviser you will be providing accurate, impartial, and comprehensive advice and information to enquirers who contact Age UK's flagship national telephone advice service 'Age UK Advice'.
The successful post holder will have excellent communications skills with the ability to provide accurate information in a clear and empathic way and to offer advice over the phone and by email. Our focussed and committed adviser team make a real difference to the lives of older people.
In this role you will receive several weeks of extensive specialist training based on the current legislation relevant to older people's rights and welfare, enabling you to offer an in-depth advice service to phone and email enquirers from across England. You will help them to understand and implement their legislative rights in areas such as care at home or in a care home, maximising their income via benefit uptake, housing issues, managing their money and health in later life and many other issues related to later life.
You will work as part of highly supportive team and will be encouraged to develop your skills and career within the AgeUK family.
Due to the current Covid restrictions all posts are currently homebased, however once the restrictions are lifted these posts could be flexible between home and office working. Offices are located in Ashburton, Devon and Blackpool. You will require access to broadband and space to work at home in order to carry out this role.
Closing date for applications Friday 26th February
Fifteen minute telephone interviews offered between 4th- 9th March
Interviews and assessments to be held between 11th-12th March
All our Advisers complete an intensive induction programme lasting up to three months and receive on-going training, enabling us to respond to our customers' complex enquiries. We will consider applications from those who have not worked in an Information and Advice role previously but have some of the other skills listed above.
You will be someone with:
* Excellent active listening skills
* The ability to learn and understand large amounts of complex information and legislation
* The ability to present clearly and concisely complex subject knowledge, both orally and in writing
* A reasonable level of general IT skills
* A passion to help older people have the later life they choose for themselves
* The ability and willingness to work within some time constraints
* A love of working within a warm and inclusive team environment
* A passion for providing a high quality service
What we offer in return
* Competitive salary, 26 days annual leave + bank holidays + annual leave purchase scheme.
* Excellent pension scheme, life assurance, Simply Health cashback plan and EAP.
* Car Benefit Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Season Ticket Loan.
* Techscheme - buy any tech from Apple or Currys, up to £1000, and spread the cost over 12 months, interest free
* Discount on Gym Membership and Go Sweat Fitness & Wellbeing Benefit.
* You Did It Awards - recognition awards from £100-250.
Our Ashburton office offers the following additions:
Free onsite parking
Car share opportunities
Staff room fully equipped with fridge and microwave
Monthly and weekly wellbeing meetings including Carers support, fitness classes and book-club
Our Blackpool office offers the following additions:
Free onsite car parking
Kitchen with fridge, microwave and seating
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.