Are you looking for an exciting career with a large National Charity? Do you love to challenge injustice? Do you want to make a real difference to the welfare of older people across the country?
As an Information and Advice (I&A) Adviser you will be providing accurate, impartial, and comprehensive advice and information to enquirers who contact Age UK's flagship national telephone advice service 'Age UK Advice'.
The successful post holder will have excellent communications skills with the ability to provide accurate information in a clear and empathic way and to offer advice over the phone and by email. Our focussed and committed adviser team make a real difference to the lives of older people.
In this role you will receive several weeks of extensive specialist training based on the current legislation relevant to older people's rights and welfare, enabling you to offer an in-depth advice service to phone and email enquirers from across England. You will help them to understand and implement their legislative rights in areas such as care at home or in a care home, maximising their income via benefit uptake, housing issues, managing their money and health in later life and many other issues related to later life.
You will work as part of highly supportive team and will be encouraged to develop your skills and career within the Age UK family.
You will be someone with:
* Excellent active listening skills
* The ability to learn and understand large amounts of complex information and legislation
* The ability to present clearly and concisely complex subject knowledge, both orally and in writing
* A reasonable level of general IT skills
* A passion to help older people have the later life they choose for themselves
* The ability and willingness to work within some time constraints
* A love of working within a warm and inclusive team environment
* A passion for providing a high quality service
What we offer in return
All our Advisers complete an intensive induction programme lasting up to three months and receive on-going training, enabling us to respond to our customers' complex enquiries. We will consider applications from those who have not worked in an Information and Advice role previously but have some of the other skills listed above.
* Competitive salary, 26 days annual leave + bank holidays + annual leave purchase scheme.
* Excellent pension scheme (we will contribute up to 9%), life assurance, Simply Health cashback plan and EAP.
* Car Benefit Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Season Ticket Loan.
* Techscheme - buy any tech from Apple or Currys, up to £1000, and spread the cost over 12 months, interest free
* Discount on Gym Membership and Go Sweat Fitness & Wellbeing Benefit.
* Perkz (online employee benefits scheme offering discount with UK retailers.
* You Did It Awards - recognition awards from £100-250.
Our Ashburton office offers the following additions:
* Free onsite parking
* Car share opportunities
* Quiet room
* Staff room fully equipped with fridge and microwave
* Monthly and weekly wellbeing meetings including Carers support, fitness classes and book club
For a full list of benefits please click here
Closing date for applications Thursday 11th June.
The role will be homebased until Covid-19 restrictions allow for office working. You will therefore need to be willing and able to train/work from home and have good broadband access to do so.
The interview process will be two stage and consist of a fifteen-minute telephone interview and then if successful a video interview.
For a full list of benefits please click here https://www.ageuk.org.uk/about-us/jobs/employee-benefits/
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.