This is an exciting opportunity which enables you to get your teeth stuck into key areas of importance for older people as well as being part of supporting and developing our advisors.
Our Lead Advisors play a vital role in supporting our National Advice Line Advisors as well as supporting the Advice Line Managers. It is an incredibly busy service; we handle over 20,000 enquiries every month. You will be our subject matter expert on one of the key subject areas that affect older people - for example some of the current subject areas are - benefits, care, housing, legal. You will also have more general knowledge on a wider range of issues that older people and their families contact us about. This will include knowledge on other organisations and support services that are available to support older people.
The role has two elements, and you will spend about half your time in each element across the week, although this might vary depending on the needs of the team.
You will support managers with the training and development of new and existing staff, you will be involved in call listening and quality monitoring processes and you will also provide real time support to colleagues on the phone. There will also be time for you to keep yourself up to date on changes in legislation, and work with other specialist colleagues within the organisation to ensure that the Advice Line is always giving out the latest information.
The second element of the role involves directly supporting older people and their families, this might be via email, phone, webchat and occasionally by letter. Using all your skills and knowledge you will provide a first-rate service to anyone who contacts us. Having this practical hands-on experience will bring your training and call quality monitoring to life.
The working hours are generally standard office hours, there is an on-call element to the role which covers the hours 08.00 to 19.00 7 days a week 365 days a year on a rota basis.
Please not that due to the Hybrid nature of this role the successful candidate will be required to commute to our co-working hub at least twice a week (potentially more often during initial training) working in our Contact Centres in Blackpool and Ashburton.
You will have:
* Proven experience of responding to complicated enquiries.
* Experience of handling sensitive enquiries from people who can be emotions, distressed and frustrated.
* Excellent active listening skills
* The ability to learn and understand and apply large amounts of complex information and legislation
* Exceptional communication skills, with a calm, empathic and compassionate approach to your work
* The ability to present clearly and concisely complex subject knowledge, both orally and in writing
* A positive attitude to change, responding constructively to new ideas and changes.
* A supportive approach to training team members, stepping in to help in Manager's absence
* Confident IT skills
* A passion to help older people have the later life that they choose for themselves
* The ability and willingness to work within some time constraints
* A passion for providing a high quality service
What we offer in return
* Competitive salary, 26 days annual leave + bank holidays + annual leave purchase scheme.
* Excellent pension scheme, life assurance, health cashback plan and EAP.
* Car Benefit Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Season Ticket Loan.
* Techscheme - buy any tech from Apple or Currys, up to £1000, and spread the cost over 12 months, interest free
* Heka Fitness & Wellbeing Benefit.
* You Did It Awards - recognition awards from £100-250.
For a full list of benefits please click here https://www.ageuk.org.uk/about-us/jobs/employee-benefits/
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.