Would you like to join a service that makes a difference to older people in Wales? The Covid-19 pandemic has resulted in a significant increase in the need for our services and we are recruiting for an Information and Guidance Officer to join the Age Cymru team.
As an Information and Guidance Officer you will provide accurate, impartial and comprehensive information by telephone, email or letter to enquirers who contact Age Cymru Advice.
With full training provided, if successful you will offer support to older people, their carers, friends and families as well as other professionals. You will help service users navigate the sometimes complex welfare benefits system, understand their rights and entitlements, and access the care and support they need.
Please ensure you read the job description thoroughly and as part of your application provide a detailed cover letter referencing why you are a suitable candidate for this role.
* You will have excellent communication skills both written and verbal, with the ability to provide accurate and friendly information in an empathic way.
* You should be customer focussed and committed to providing a high-quality service.
* You will demonstrate excellent listening skills with the ability to interpret information quickly, and provide a tailored beneficial response.
* You will have good IT skills, specifically Word processing, Excel, internet and email.
* If you are a fluent Welsh language speaker this would be highly beneficial to your application.
What we offer in return
In return we can offer an excellent salary of £19,300, and great benefits including 26 days annual leave + bank holidays, excellent pension life assurance, healthcare cashback plan, season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme, flexible working and much more.
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.