Age UK's vision is a world where everyone can love later life. We know some people can face illness, loneliness or poverty as they grow older. Whatever the situation, Age UK provides support and vital services to help make later life the best it can be.
Like most large modern organisations, we have a complex IT Infrastructure, and its optimal performance is integral to everything we do. As such, we are recruiting for an Infrastructure Manager to join the team on a 3 - 6 month contract to take responsibility for the optimal running of our IT infrastructure and operational environment, supporting application deployment to internal and external customers, including network, server and device management.
The successful candidate will be comfortable acting as a technical authority on Office365 administration, WAN-LAN technology, PaaS such as Azure and AWS and working with external suppliers and internal technical teams. This is a hands-on role, where experience of cloud-based technologies, in particular Microsoft technologies such as InTune, AutoPilot as well as day to IT operational challenges with infrastructure require an experienced input. Whilst this role does have some management responsibility, it is primarily a hands-on technical role and would suit someone that is keen to be a key worker on several exciting "in flight" projects at the leading edge of technology.
* You will be experienced managing complicated IT infrastructures in a large complex environment.
* You will be a highly experienced technical expert on Office 365 administration and Wide area networks, with appropriate knowledge to be source of authority and expertise to the team.
* You will have hands-on experience with performance optimization on Azure and experience of Microsoft InTune, and technologies such as Windows Autopilot.
* You should demonstrate experience managing multiple outsourced vendors and suppliers along with associated equipment, services and contracts.
* You will hold at least two of the following certifications Any two of the following certifications is essential, Microsoft certification, Azure certification or Cisco certification.
What we offer in return
In return we can offer a competitive salary, and great benefits including 26 days annual leave + bank holidays, pension, life assurance, healthcare cashback plan, season ticket loan, discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, car lease scheme, flexible working and much more.
For a full list of benefits please click here https://www.ageuk.org.uk/about-us/jobs/employee-benefits/
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.