How to apply
Age UK is a charity for everyone, and our vision is a world where you and your loved ones can make the most of later life. If you are looking to use your technical expertise to make the UK a better place to grow old, then we might have the job for you.
Like any large organisation, Age UK has a complex IT infrastructure, and we are recruiting for an IT Operations Manager to join the team and take responsibility for the optimal running of that infrastructure and operational environment, supporting application deployment to internal and external customers, including network, server and device management.
What will you do?
* Management of overall network infrastructure, network security and telecoms systems
* Server and device management including design and configure, upgrade and repair.
* Technical management of all suppliers including hardware, software and outsourced IT Service Management provider
* Contributing to the charity's overall technology strategy
What can you bring to the job?
* You will be highly skilled in windows server design, configuration, implementation and troubleshooting, from windows 2008 through 2016
* You will have solid experience working with Azure, backed up by a recognised Microsoft qualification, and either a Cisco or Azure qualification.
* You will be able to demonstrate your ability and experience managing IT services in an ITIL environment.
* You will be confident working in a hands on technical role, but also capable of providing strategic insight and advice in an environment with ever changing needs
What can we offer you?
We can offer a varied and challenging role in a friendly team and collaborative environment. Initially the role is for a 12 month fixed term period, and there is a possibility of becoming permanent in the future.
We can also offer a competitive salary up to £60,000 and excellent benefits including pension (we pay up to 9%), 26 days annual leave + bank holidays, season ticket loan, life assurance, healthcare cashback plan, flexible working and much more.
For a full list of benefits please click here
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.