Age UK are offering a fantastic opportunity for a proven IT Service Delivery Analyst to join their forward-thinking Digital & Technology Team on a 12 month fixed term contract.
The key focus of this role is to improve all areas of Age UK's IT service delivery processes, principally through delivering value driven initiatives, simplification, and automation to embed efficiencies.
The post holder will ensure any improvements are aligned to Age UK business objectives and deliver an excellent end user experience, with a particular focus on joiner/leaver processes. You will oversee and have responsibility for the IT Service Catalogue and ensure it is utilised to drive and control value for money in our services, along with acting as SME and having accountability for the JML and asset management processes.
We welcome requests for flexible working.
* Experience as a Service Delivery Analyst or other relevant skills and knowledge
* Proven track record of delivering outstanding IT Services
* Experience in delivering improvements in a complex IT environment, defining high level technical and IT service requirements through business engagement
* Strong working knowledge of ITSM tools
* A background in IT Service Desk with a demonstrable knowledge of how ITSM processes are utilized to deliver service
* A solid understanding, of the JML process and how this relates to end user experience
* A background in Service Improvement with demonstrable experience in improving and automating JML processes
* Excellent stakeholder management skills with an ability to understand and translate requirements
* Experience of managing IT processes, with experience of managing end users' expectations in an IT environment
What we offer in return
* Competitive salary, 26 days annual leave + bank holidays
* Excellent pension scheme, life assurance
* Simply Health cashback plan and EAP.
* Cycle to Work Scheme and many other great benefits
For a full list of benefits please click here https://www.ageuk.org.uk/about-us/jobs/employee-benefits/
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.