How to apply
Age UK has an exciting opportunity for an experienced learning and development professional to join an established and successful team, in supporting Age UK's retail division to achieve their ambitious and forward thinking 3 - year strategy. The successful applicant will be confident of designing new training programmes, tailored to our retail needs and will work closely with our retail colleagues to support growth in our stores through effective, innovative learning & development and engagement initiatives.
* You will positively promote a learning and development culture within the retail division of Age UK, analysing training needs and working with the wider team to develop a training plan for staff and volunteers.
* You will design, deliver and evaluate new training material, producing training reports and identify ongoing opportunities for the development of retail staff.
* Working closely with the Engagement and Wellbeing team, you will have a flexible approach, taking responsibility for your own administration and being keen to assist with other projects as required.
* Whilst predominantly office based, you will be required to travel and make overnight stays when necessary.
Experience, knowledge & skills
* To be considered, candidates will need experience of working in a L&D function and demonstrable experience of designing, delivering and evaluating both technical and personal development training programmes preferably in a retail environment.
* Experience of developing, delivering and evaluating a diverse range of training programmes is essential as is experience developing staff engagement programmes using a variety of delivery methods.
* You should be passionate about learning and development, and motivated to strive for continuous improvement, with the confidence and ability to design and facilitate workshops
* In addition you should be self-motivated, positive and have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
* Knowledge of psychometric tools such as Belbin and Disc and an interest in use of digital and social media to support learning and engagement opportunities would be beneficial.
What can we offer
In return we offer a wonderful and rewarding environment, working for the UKs largest charity dedicated to helping everyone make the most of later life. In addition we offer a competitive basic salary and benefits package including 26 days annual leave + bank holidays, holiday purchase scheme, pension (we pay up to 9%), healthcare cash plan, life assurance, season ticket loans, cycle scheme, and more.
For a full list of benefits please click here
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.