Are you an experienced learning and development professional?
Age UK are currently recruiting for a passionate individual to join our established team, supporting our retail division to achieve their ambitious and forward thinking plans. The successful applicant will be confident of designing new training programmes, tailored to our retail needs and will work closely with our retail colleagues to support growth in our stores through effective, innovative learning & development and engagement initiatives. This role is predominantly office based but will require some travel/overnight stays when necessary.
* You will positively promote a learning and development culture within the retail division of Age UK, analysing training needs and working with the wider team to develop and deliver a training plan for staff and volunteers.
* You will need experience of working in a busy L&D function and demonstrable experience of designing, delivering and evaluating both technical and personal development training programmes, preferably in a retail environment.
* Working closely with the Engagement and Wellbeing team, you will be passionate about learning and development, striving for continuous improvement, whilst being flexible and keen to assist with other projects as required.
* With strong interpersonal and communication skills, you will take responsibility for your own administration and be proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
What we offer in return
* 26 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
* Annual leave purchase scheme
* A fantastic pension (with up to 9% employer contributions)
* Health cash plan
* Annual Season Ticket loan (spread the cost of your commute)
* Cycle to work scheme
* Shopping discounts and many more excellent benefits
For a full list of benefits please click here https://www.ageuk.org.uk/about-us/jobs/employee-benefits/
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.