Age UK is a charity for everyone, and our vision is a world where you and your loved ones can make the most of later life. If you want to use your accounting skills to make the UK a better place to grow old, then we have the job for you.
We are recruiting for an experienced Management Accountant / Assistant Management Accountant to join our team and provide management accounting support to an experienced Finance Business Partner,
As a Management Accountant / Assistant Management Accountant at Age UK you will
* Assist with the timely production of management accounts.
* Calculate and post month end journals, including prepayments and accruals.
* Prepare accurate account reconciliations
* Investigate and explain budget variances
* Support the Finance Business Partner with budget planning and forecasting
* You should have good double entry bookkeeping skills and experience with accounts reconciliation.
* You should have experience producing management accounts, and calculating and posting month end journals.
* You will need good Excel skills and experience working with financial accounting software.
* You should be AAT qualified or part qualified CIMA / ACCA with experience in an Assistant Account / Assistant Management Accountant role
* You will have a background working within a Finance team.
* Excellent communications skills both written and verbal are essential.
What we offer in return
In return we can offer an excellent salary between £31,000 and £34,000, and great benefits including 26 days annual leave + holiday purchase scheme + bank holidays, excellent pension (we contribute up to 9%), life assurance, healthcare cashback plan, season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme, technology purchase scheme, flexible working and much more.
For a full list of benefits please click here https://www.ageuk.org.uk/about-us/jobs/employee-benefits/
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.