Age UK are recruiting for an experienced call centre manager or service manager to manage The Silver Line Helpline, a 24/7 telephone helpline for older people to call for a friendly chat, information, or support any time of the day or night.
We are seeking candidates with experience of managing a 24/7 operation and delivering a high-quality telephone service. You should also have experience leading, motivating, and managing diverse staff teams. Past experience of working with volunteers, following safeguarding processes, and/or delivering services for older people in a charity or public sector setting is desirable but not essential.
You will work with our fantastic team of staff and volunteers who answer 260,000+ calls per year and our Team Leaders who support each shift. The helpline management team includes two helpline managers and a volunteer manager, supported by a rota coordinator, who all report to this role.
The Silver Line Helpline is one of the key national services Age UK delivers to help tackle loneliness and support older people. As well as your day-to-day responsibility for leading and managing the Helpline service, you will work closely with the leaders of our other national services and collaborate more widely with other colleagues across Age UK.
Due to the current coronavirus restrictions the majority of our colleagues are operating at home. While current restrictions remain, this role will be partly homebased and require some attendance at our Blackpool office. Once restrictions lift, we expect this role to be primarily based in the Blackpool office. You will require access to broadband and a suitable space to work at home in order to carry out this role.
* Experience of managing or supporting a frontline customer facing service that operates 24/7
* Demonstrable people management skills, including leading and motivating staff, and managing their performance.
* Proven ability to deliver new services and activities, and implement changes as business needs develop or customer demands dictate
* The ability to effectively manage your own workload
* Experience of delivering training and presenting information to a range of audiences
* Experience working with volunteers, delivering services to older people, dealing with safeguarding concerns, and presenting at conferences or other public events is desirable and beneficial, but not essential
What we offer in return
* Competitive salary £35,000 - £40,000, 26 days annual leave + bank holidays
* Excellent pension scheme (we will contribute up to 6%)
* Life assurance
* Simply Health cashback plan and EAP
* A range of fantastic benefits
For a full list of benefits please click here https://www.ageuk.org.uk/about-us/jobs/employee-benefits/
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.