Age UK are recruiting for an efficient part-time National Volunteering Coordinator to support with the delivery of initiatives to improve the experience of national Age UK volunteers and the volunteering leaders who work with them.
This brilliant opportunity will also lead on the engagement with, and involvement of administrative and outreach volunteers across the country. This role would best suit a highly organised individual who is passionate about volunteering and enjoys liaising with volunteers directly.
This part-time (21 hours per week) role is based in our London office but working from home at present.
You will have
- Directly volunteered and, ideally have volunteer management experience
- Organised or lead the successful delivery of projects or services
- Managed relationships with volunteers or members of staff
- Utilised people management or service delivery software or applications
- Excellent organisational, planning and communication skills
- Knowledge of the role of statutory, voluntary and private sectors in relation to service provision for older people
What we offer in return
- Competitive salary, 26 days annual leave + bank holidays + annual leave purchase scheme.
- Excellent pension scheme, life assurance, Simply Health cashback plan and EAP.
- Car Benefit Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Season Ticket Loan.
- Techscheme - buy any tech from Apple or Currys, up to £1000, and spread the cost over 12 months, interest free Discount on Gym Membership and Go Sweat Fitness & Wellbeing Benefit.
- You Did It Awards - recognition awards from £100-250.
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.