We are passionate that everyone should have the opportunity to make the most of later life. Policy and Research is an important part of Age UK's work because it has the power to transform older peoples' lives for the better.
We seek to influence decision makers by conducting social and economic analysis, developing public policy proposals and shaping policy agendas in a wide range of areas.
Age UK are offering a fantastic opportunity for a professional Policy Manager to influence decision makers, develop public policy proposals and manage policy projects. You will provide specialist support to colleagues on issues relating to ageism, equalities, and human rights, and how these issues impact on social justice, all based on analysis, evidence and expertise.
Please note, this 28 hours per week opportunity (28 hours per week - £28,000 - £30,400) is in Age UK’s Public Policy department, and is not a Human Resources role.
All applications must be accompanied by a full supporting letter, stating your transferrable skills and experience and why you would like to work for Age UK.
* Excellent skills in policy analysis with a focus on robust evidence, understanding political and policy contexts, and finding solutions
* Excellent written communication skills with the ability to present complex issues in a persuasive, accessible style to a range of different audiences
* Strong stakeholder management skills
* Good numeracy and digital skills along with the ability to use statistical and research evidence effectively
* Good oral advocacy skills
* A proactive, flexible approach, identifying and taking forward opportunities, shaping new ideas and developing partnerships
* The ability to project manage complex influencing activities, alone or with colleagues, and to manage a complex workload, set priorities and meet tight deadlines.
* Experience of public policy issues affecting either older people or the wider equalities environment.
What we offer in return
* Competitive salary - £35,000 - £38,000 (28,000 - £30,400 pro rata for 28 hours per week)
* 26 days annual leave (pro rata) + bank holidays + annual leave purchase scheme.
* Excellent pension scheme, life assurance, Simply Health cashback plan and EAP.
* Car Benefit Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Season Ticket Loan.
* Techscheme - buy any tech from Apple or Currys, up to £1000, and spread the cost over 12 months, interest free
* Discount on Gym Membership and Go Sweat Fitness & Wellbeing Benefit.
* You Did It Awards - recognition awards from £100-250.
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.