Age UK is the country's largest charity dedicated to helping everyone make the most of later life. Too many older people feel they have no one to turn to for support. We exist to help older people when they need us the most. Join a team with the passion and determination to make a difference!
We are recruiting for a Policy Manager to join our Policy and Research Team and lead Age UK's public policy work on a range of issues relating to personal finances and income, including financial capability, managing money, benefits and private sector financial services.
You will be joining Age UK's Policy and Research team which has about 20 staff and is led by the Director of Policy and Research. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work in an interesting and varied role where they will take responsibility for
* Developing public policy proposals and research projects
* Writing responses to government consultations and media enquiries
* Writing policy reports and briefings
* Representing Age UK at conferences and when meeting external stakeholders
* You will have solid experience with policy analysis
* You will have the ability to confidently influence decision makers, develop public policy proposals and manage policy projects.
* You should have great understanding of financial inclusion, the financial services sector, and why these are important for older people
What we offer in return
In return we can offer an excellent salary up to £40,000, and great benefits including 26 days annual leave + bank holidays, excellent pension (we pay in up to 9%), Life Assurance, Healthcare Cashback Plan, Season Ticket Loan, Cycle to work scheme, flexible working and much more.
For a full list of benefits please click here
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.