How to apply
The Age UK Health Influencing team is offering an exciting opportunity for an experienced Programme Manager to join their team.
The main purpose of this innovative role is to plan, develop and lead projects aimed at influencing health and social care professionals to change and improve their practice and delivery of care to older people.
The team also develop projects that provide self-care information and advice, for example: Malnutrition task force, flu jabs, sex and intimacy.
This role could be interesting to someone with experience of NHS or social care or who has an interest in improving care.
You will be:
* Managing a variety of complex health and care projects, through all stages, from concept to delivery
* Managing up to date documentation for each project, working to budget, compliance and strong governance requirements
* Experienced in complex health programme/project management (including financial, contract and risk management)
* Adding in-depth expertise to conduct analysis and make recommendations in response to proposals from Government, regulators, NHS and professional bodies
* A "thought leader" developing proposals and generating transformational change ideas
* Write accessible/effective communications for a diverse range of audiences
* Be an advocate for older people, representing Age UK when developing effective partnerships, managing stakeholder relationships and speaking at seminars/conferences etc.
* Responsible for restricted programme budgets
* A confident people manager, proven in building strong relationships at senior level
What we offer in return:
26 days holiday + Bank Holidays
Annual leave purchase scheme
A generous pension scheme - employer contributions up to 9%
Annual season ticket loan - spread the cost of your commute
Health cash plan and many more…
For a full list of benefits please click here
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.