We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Programme Development Manager to join Age UK, and develop compelling service delivery programmes that will attract high-value funders.
You might have heard of some of our funded programmes - award-winning initiatives such Call in Time telephone befriending, our Lottery-funded One Digital programme that's helped over 20,000 older people get online or our physical activity programmes supported by Sport England and The Morrisons Foundation.
We're ambitious to develop more successful programmes that have the potential to make a profound difference to the lives of older people. That's why we've created this role. Using your innovative and imaginative approach to programme development, as a Programme Development Manager you'll work closely with Charity Directors, and colleagues in Research and Influencing to understand their plans and ambitions, and to translate these into innovative and impactful programmes of activity that will attract to high value funders.
As well as developing new programme concepts and budgets and producing well-written, high quality proposition overviews, you'll manage our proposition matching process and refresh our current suite of restricted funding propositions.
* You will have great experience using structured processes and methodology to develop new, innovative programmes and services that deliver clear outcomes for beneficiaries, and appeal to corporate supporters, trusts, national government funding bodies and philanthropists. .
* You'll have a thorough knowledge of the not-for-profit service delivery landscape and an understanding of the high value fundraising landscape in the UK.
* Great communication and influencing skills and gravitas will be essential to your success, ensuring you gain buy-in from colleagues across the charity, including Directors.
* You will need excellent copywriting skills and the ability to convert dense internal information into fundraising-friendly content.
* You will have the ability to manage multiple projects at different stages of their lifecycle, and work in an agile fashion to tight deadlines.
What we offer in return
In return we can offer an excellent salary of up to £41,000 per annum and great benefits including 26 days annual leave + bank holidays, excellent pension (we pay in up to 9%), Life Assurance, Healthcare Cashback Plan, Season Ticket Loan, Cycle to work scheme, flexible working and much more.
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.