Age UK are recruiting for a motivated Programme Manager to implement significant and impactful changes with our Age UK Brand Partners (the Network) across the country. The role will be part of Age UK's Network Infrastructure Programme that has bought together multiple initiatives into a single programme.
In this role you will pro-actively lead, support and work closely with the Age UK Network to enable them to transform their technology and core infrastructure, building an approach that is fit for the future and enabling them to deliver services to older people.
You will work closely with our Digital and Technology Team.
All applications MUST be accompanied by a full supporting letter, stating your transferrable skills and experience and why you would like to work for Age UK's Quality & Transformation team.
You will have
- Knowledge, and understanding of how technology and core infrastructure can be implemented and the challenges of doing so.
- Knowledge, understanding and enthusiasm for the improvements digital technology can bring about in the functioning of voluntary sector organisations, and their role in providing services for older people.
- A substantial and successful track record of programme and project management delivering at all stages within a health/care/voluntary sector environment.
- Strong IT, budget management and project management skills
- Experience of testing and developing new services or business models based on customer needs.
- Excellent inter-personal, negotiating and influencing skills with the presence and authority to act as an ambassador for Age UK.
- Knowledge of the role of statutory, voluntary and private sectors in relation to service provision for older people.
- Experience of working in a fast paced, complex environment, working collaboratively with a diverse range of stakeholders and project managing cross-divisional work.
- The ability to analyse and solve strategic and operational problems
- A proactive, creative and flexible approach to identifying and taking forward opportunities, shaping new ideas and partnerships.
What we offer in return
* Competitive salary, 26 days annual leave + bank holidays + annual leave purchase scheme.
* Excellent pension scheme, life assurance, Simply Health cashback plan and EAP.
* Car Benefit Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Season Ticket Loan.
* Techscheme - buy any tech from Apple or Currys, up to £1000, and spread the cost over 12 months, interest free
* Discount on Gym Membership and Go Sweat Fitness & Wellbeing Benefit.
* You Did It Awards - recognition awards from £100-250.
For a full list of benefits please click here https://www.ageuk.org.uk/about-us/jobs/employee-benefits/
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.