Age UK's passionate Health Influencing Team are recruiting for an efficient Programme Officer to support the Programme Manager with designing and delivering projects that influence decision makers and professionals within the health and care sector.
The post holder will also support the design and delivery of projects that provide clear and up to date advice and information for older people and their families while also encouraging behaviour change to improve older people's health and wellbeing.
This role will work closely with colleagues across the organisation including media, brand and content and establish good relationships with external stakeholders, including external funders, delivery partners and relevant experts.
All applications MUST be accompanied by a full supporting letter, stating your transferrable skills and experience and why you would like to work for Age UK's Health Influencing Team.
You will have:
* Programme or project management experience (including financial, contract and risk management)
* The ability to work on a variety of projects with conflicting priorities and tight deadlines.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present complex issues in a persuasive, accessible style to a range of audiences
* Commitment to developing excellent working relationships with teams and external partners
* Excellent inter-personal, negotiating and influencing skills with the presence and authority to act as an ambassador for Age UK and delivery partners
* Advocacy skills and an awareness of issues facing older people and ageing
* Good numeracy and IT skills (MS Office)
* A commitment to equality and diversity, social justice and giving people a voice
What we offer in return
* Competitive salary, 26 days annual leave + bank holidays + annual leave purchase scheme.
* Excellent pension scheme, life assurance, Simply Health cashback plan and EAP.
* Car Benefit Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Season Ticket Loan.
* Techscheme - buy any tech from Apple or Currys, up to £1000, and spread the cost over 12 months, interest free
* Discount on Gym Membership and Go Sweat Fitness & Wellbeing Benefit.
* You Did It Awards - recognition awards from £100-250.
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.