For most people, making their own decisions and choices is a matter of considerable importance. Being part of decision-making processes is not only where self-identity is expressed but it is also an important aspect of personal freedom. This principle is at the heart of advocacy services for people living with dementia.
Age Cymru are recruiting for a self-motivated Dementia Project Manager with the passion to promote, develop and deliver an independent advocacy service for people with dementia and their carers. This project is committed to improving choice and control by maximising the level of input people with dementia have into their lives and helping them access the services they want.
This post is an all Wales post managing staff based around the country. The base for this post is open for discussion with the successful applicant and options could include being home based or in our Mold or Cardiff offices. Given the current situation with COVID19 the post will be home based until such time as it is safe to look at other office based options.
* A proven background in managing successful projects and undertaking individual case work
* Experience of managing employees and budgets,
* Advocacy experience, with an excellent understanding of the principles of advocacy
* An excellent understanding of dementia and the rights of people with dementia and their carers
* Experience running and evaluating meetings and events
* Excellent organisation and high-quality communication skills
* The ability to design and deliver awareness sessions
* Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and data management
* The ability to speak Welsh (Desirable)
This post may be subject to a satisfactory criminal records disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
The role holder will be required to provide a car for business use and to travel throughout Wales together with occasional wider UK travel. There may be occasional requirements to work evenings and weekends. (Will be planned in advance)
What we offer in return
* Holiday - 27 days made up of 24 choice days and 3 days to be used between Christmas & New Year - Including carry forward
* Flexible Hours Working Scheme
* Employer pension
* Generous life assurance up to 4 times your annual salary
* Healthcare cashback plan
Age UK and Age Cymru are an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.