Age UK's vision is to make the UK a great place to grow older. Being physically active in later life plays a key role in wellbeing, and we want to provide more opportunities for older people to be active through a programme of Walking Football. Would you like to join our motivated Wellbeing Team and make a difference to the lives of others?
Working in partnership with the Football Association and Sport England we are looking to recruit a dynamic and innovative Project Manager to design, launch and deliver a high profile programme of Walking Football across England. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with experience in managing complex projects, and working in partnership with other organisations.
The role is primarily based in Tavistock Square, London, but will also require some time spent at Wembley Stadium with the FA and meeting with local partners and stakeholders nationally.
If successful you will be responsible for
* Growing the number of Walking Football participants, with a specific focus on attracting and supporting individuals from lower socio-economic groups to participate in the game
* Providing appropriate support for the governance and development of the game and engaging participants in the game's future growth.
* Creating the infrastructure for high quality sustainable provision of the game
* You should have a track record of successful project design and delivery working with multiple internal and external stakeholders and project partners.
* You will need to demonstrate excellent organisational and planning skills, with solid project management experience.
* You will have excellent communication skills including both verbal and written, and the ability to communicate with a wide range of audiences at all levels, through a variety of means.
* Experience managing physical activity or sport related programmes would be beneficial to your application.
What we offer in return
In return we can offer an excellent salary of £31,000 to £35,000 per annum, and fantastic benefits including 26 days annual leave + bank holidays, excellent pension (we pay in up to 9%), Life Assurance, Healthcare Cashback Plan, Season Ticket Loan, Cycle to work scheme, flexible working and much more.
For a full list of benefits please click here https://www.ageuk.org.uk/about-us/jobs/employee-benefits/
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.