Age Cymru are extremely pleased to have been awarded funding from the Welsh Government to deliver the HOPE Project (Helping others to participate and engage). This is a project that will be delivered across the whole of Wales but some posts will operate within regional footprints. This is an exciting opportunity to get involved in the development and delivery of much needed local volunteer led advocacy support for older people through a community based co-produced approach. You will be part of a large team that will all be contributing to positive outcomes for older people at a preventative and early intervention level through the various posts within the HOPE Project.
We are recruiting for 3 part-time Project Officers to meet the HOPE project objectives by co-producing a regional framework for the development of advocacy across the region and supporting its delivery, and to recruit and support suitable volunteers within the region to deliver early intervention advocacy support, working closely and in collaboration with the local Age Connects and Age Cymru partners.
These roles are fixed term until March 2023
* Passionate about the issues affecting older people and carers
* Experience of working with a diverse culture, environments and communities in which older people and carers live
* Knowledge of local services in the public or voluntary sector
* Working with others to deliver successful projects and services.
* Recruiting, managing and working with volunteers.
* Establishing and maintaining productive collaborations.
* Networking, Running meetings and events.
* Experience within advocacy
* Ability to successfully manage a team of volunteers to deliver project outcomes.
* Adapt to changing circumstances, multi task and make decisions based on new priorities and demands.
* Prioritise work and deal with competing or conflicting demands/needs and interests.
* Promote programme aims and objectives.
* Ability to speak Welsh (Desirable).
What we offer in return
* Holiday - 27 days made up of 24 choice days and 3 days to be used between Christmas & New Year - Including carry forward
* Flexible Hours Working Scheme
* Excellent pension scheme (we will contribute up to 9%), life assurance, Simply Health cashback plan and EAP.
* Car Benefit Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Season Ticket Loan.
* Techscheme - buy any tech from Apple or Currys, up to £1000, and spread the cost over 12 months, interest free
* Discount on Gym Membership and Go Sweat Fitness & Wellbeing Benefit.
* Perkz (online employee benefits scheme offering discount with UK retailers.
* You Did It Awards - recognition awards from £100-250.
For a full list of benefits please click here
These roles will be home based until the guidelines regarding Covid-19 change. We will then expect the 3 roles to be based in Flint, Denbigh and Caernarfon.
Age Cymru is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age Cymru is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
Age Cymru politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.