How to apply
We are seeking an experienced and motivated individual to support our Experts by Experience Project. Our Experts by Experience are people who have personal experience of using or caring for someone who uses health and social care services. Working alongside Care Quality Commission Inspectors our Experts by Experience take part in inspections of health and social care services to ensure that the voice of service users and their family/friends are heard. This role supports our Experts by Experience and ensures that they are matched to inspections in line with the contract requirements.
The ideal applicant will have experience of managing a varied and detailed workload and be able to work with a variety of people.
* Co-ordinate Experts by Experience to CQC events as required
* Develop project plans and schedules and monitor progress to ensure achievement of milestones, targets and compliance with budgets and guidelines.
* Work with the Project Manager to ensure robust project monitoring and evaluation including impact measures.
* Produce reports on progress and other data and statistics as required.
* Manage inspection feedback, incidents and some performance issues as appropriate
* Work with the Project Manager to ensure older people are involved in project planning and activity and have an active influence in quality, evaluation and practice.
* Co-ordinate meetings of internal and external stakeholders, and other events as required.
* Respond to written and telephone enquiries
* Enter, update and maintain project data to a high level of accuracy and with good attention to detail.
* Experience of co-ordinating activities to ensure projects and work programmes are delivered on time.
* Experience of presenting data and reports, including preparation of tables and graphs.
* Experience of data entry to a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
* Experience of organising meetings and planning and delivering projects to agreed quality standards.
Skills & Knowledge
* Confident dealing with people from different levels and backgrounds.
* Ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external partners in order to meet objectives.
* Ability to prioritise competing deadlines and workloads.
* Good IT skills including advanced Microsoft Office.
* Project management skills
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Proven ability to work flexibly as part of a team
* Understanding of the issues facing older people.
*****Interviews for this post will be held on Thursday 23rd May and Friday 24th May*****
For a full list of benefits please click here
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.