How to apply
Age UK's vision is a world where everyone can love later life. We know some people can face illness, loneliness or poverty as they grow older. Whatever the situation, Age UK provides support and vital services to help make later life the best it can be.
We currently have a fantastic part time opportunity for a Project Support Officer within our Warm Homes team (this is a fixed term contract until July 2020). Working 3 days per week, this role will provide support and assist in the delivery of a high profile programme of multiple local activities, aimed at reducing fuel poverty and cold-related ill-health among the most vulnerable older people.
To be considered, please enclose a full cover letter stating why the role is of interest, your experience and transferrable skills and why you would like to work for Age UK.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
* Provide support in the development, launch and delivery of the Warm Homes Programme
* Work with the Project Manager and wider team to ensure robust project monitoring and efficient delivery of other aspects, including production of marketing materials, equipment ordering and processing invoices.
* Produce reports on local partners' progress and other data and statistics as required.
Required Experience & Attributes
* Project support skills, and an understanding of project management tools is desirable
* Experience of supporting, planning and delivering projects to agreed quality standards.
* Ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external partners in order to meet objectives.
* Excellent organisational skills and proven ability to track progress of deliverables. * Ability to assess risk and escalate issues according to agreed processes and procedures.
* The ability to prioritise competing deadlines and workloads.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to report on progress in writing and verbally.
* Experience of presenting data and reports, including preparation of tables and graphs.
* Strong MS Office skills, especially Excel.
For a full list of benefits please click here
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.