Age UK's vision is a world where everyone can love later life. We know some people can face illness, loneliness or poverty as they grow older. Whatever the situation, Age UK provides support and vital services to help make later life the best it can be.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Project Support Officer within our Wellbeing Department.
This role will provide project management support to assist in the delivery of two programmes: a high-profile and award-winning Warm Homes Programme of multiple local activities, aimed at reducing fuel poverty and cold-related ill-health among the most vulnerable older people, as well as Think Digital Programme, a digital inclusion programme aimed at supporting older people with knowledge, skills and confidence to access online services and activities, and live a more included and independent life.
If successful you will
* Provide support in the delivery of the Warm Homes Programme and the Think Digital programme.
* Work with two Project Managers and wider team to ensure robust project monitoring and efficient delivery of other aspects, including production of marketing materials, equipment ordering and processing invoices.
* Produce reports on local partners' progress, and other data and statistics as required.
To be considered, please complete a one page covering letter along with your CV detailing why you are a suitable candidate for this role.
* You will have good project support skills and ideally an understanding of project management tools.
* A good understanding of factors contributing to fuel poverty and digital exclusion; the impact of fuel poverty on older people's health and properties, and the impact of digital exclusion on older people's lives would be beneficial to your application.
* You should demonstrate experience of supporting, planning and delivering projects to agreed quality standards.
* You should have strong attention to detail and good MS Office skills, especially Excel.
* You will need experience of analysing and presenting data and reports, including preparation of tables and graphs.
* You will show an ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external partners to meet objectives.
* Excellent organisational skills and proven ability to track progress of deliverables will be essential, as will an ability to prioritise competing deadlines and workloads.
* You will have an ability to assess risk and escalate issues according to agreed processes and procedures.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to report on progress in writing and verbally.
What we offer in return
In return we can offer an excellent salary of £23,000, and great benefits including 26 days annual leave + bank holidays, pension, life assurance, healthcare cashback plan, season ticket loan, discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, car lease scheme, flexible working and much more.
For a full list of benefits please click here https://www.ageuk.org.uk/about-us/jobs/employee-benefits/
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.