Age UK's vision is a world where everyone can love later life. We know some people can face illness, loneliness or poverty as they grow older. Whatever the situation, Age UK provides support and vital services to help make later life the best it can be.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Project Support Officer within our Wellbeing team (this is a fixed term contract until Dec 2023). This role will provide support and assist in the delivery of a high-profile Dementia programme.
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity, please attached a full cover letter with your application stating your transferrable skills and why you wish to work for Age UK.
You will have
* Project support skills, and an understanding of project management tools is desirable
* Experience of supporting, planning and delivering projects to agreed quality standards.
* Ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external partners in order to meet objectives.
* Excellent organisational skills and proven ability to track progress of deliverables.
* Ability to assess risk & escalate issues according to agreed processes & procedures
* The ability to prioritise competing deadlines and workloads.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to report on progress in writing and verbally.
* Experience of compiling data and reports, including preparation of tables and graphs.
* Strong MS Office skills, especially Excel.
What we offer in return
* Competitive salary, 26 days annual leave + bank holidays + annual leave purchase scheme.
* Excellent pension scheme, life assurance, Simply Health cashback plan and EAP.
* Car Benefit Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Season Ticket Loan.
* Techscheme - buy any tech from Apple or Currys, up to £1000, and spread the cost over 12 months, interest free
* Discount on Gym Membership and Go Sweat Fitness & Wellbeing Benefit.
* You Did It Awards - recognition awards from £100-250.
For a full list of benefits please click here https://www.ageuk.org.uk/about-us/jobs/employee-benefits/
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.