Age UK is offering a fantastic opportunity for an efficient Project Support Officer to join our amazing Wellbeing Team, supporting the delivery of The Age UK Walking Football Programme and other Programmes in our Wellbeing department. This post will ensure that expectations are delivered to agreed milestones and targets and provide support to the wider Wellbeing department.
The Football Association, Sport England and Age UK have announced a Walking Football Programme, with the goal of reaching more than 1,000 older people in communities across England over the next two years.
- Good project support skills and ideally an understanding of project management tools.
- Experience of supporting, planning and delivering projects to agreed quality standards.
- Strong attention to detail and good MS Office skills, especially Excel.
- Experience of analysing and presenting data and reports, including preparation of tables and graphs.
- An ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external partners to meet objectives.
- Excellent organisational skills and proven ability to track progress of deliverables will be essential, as will an ability to prioritise competing deadlines and workloads.
- The ability to assess risk and escalate issues according to agreed processes and procedures.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to report on progress in writing and verbally.
- Ideally, you will have an understanding of sport, physical activity and health & wellbeing.
What we offer in return
* Competitive salary, 26 days annual leave + bank holidays + annual leave purchase scheme.
* Excellent pension scheme, life assurance, Simply Health cashback plan and EAP.
* Car Benefit Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Season Ticket Loan.
* Techscheme - buy any tech from Apple or Currys, up to £1000, and spread the cost over 12 months, interest free
* Discount on Gym Membership and Go Sweat Fitness & Wellbeing Benefit.
* You Did It Awards - recognition awards from £100-250.
For a full list of benefits please click here https://www.ageuk.org.uk/about-us/jobs/employee-benefits/
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.