Age UK's vision is a world where everyone can love later life. We know some people can face illness, loneliness or poverty as they grow older. Whatever the situation, Age UK provides support and vital services to help make later life the best it can be.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Project Support Officer within our Wellbeing Department.
This role will provide project support assisting local Age UK partners in their delivery of a number projects delivered nationwide aimed at supporting older people with Information & Advice services. The role will be focused on supporting and monitoring local Age UKs to successfully deliver elements of the work. The role will not be working with older people directly.
If successful you will
- Provide support in the delivery of Information & Advice programmes with the Project Manager and wider team to ensure robust project monitoring and data processing. The role also requires the efficient delivery of other aspects, including:
- production of reports on local partners' progress, and other data and statistics as required
- Working with local partners across the local Age UK network to support their delivery of the project and manage communications from across the local partner network.
- Co-ordination of meetings with internal and external stakeholders, and other events as required, including sending comms, taking minutes, and reporting on delivery progress at meetings.
* You should demonstrate experience of supporting projects and handling data. Planning and delivering project tasks to agreed quality standards.
* You should have strong attention to detail and good MS Office skills, including Excel and Outlook.
* You will need experience of analysing and presenting data and reports, including preparation of tables and graphs.
* You will show an ability to build and maintain relationships with internal and external partners to meet objectives.
* Excellent organisational skills and proven ability to track progress of deliverables will be essential, as will an ability to prioritise competing deadlines and workloads.
* You will have an ability to assess risk and escalate issues according to agreed processes and procedures.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to report on progress in writing and verbally.
What we offer in return
* Competitive salary, 26 days annual leave + bank holidays + annual leave purchase scheme
* Excellent pension scheme, life assurance, Simply Health cashback plan and Employee Assistance Programme
* Car Benefit Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Season Ticket Loan
* Techscheme - buy any tech from Apple or Currys, up to £1000, and spread the cost over 12 months, interest free
* Discount on Gym Membership and Go Sweat Fitness & Wellbeing Benefit
* You Did It Awards - recognition awards from £100-250.
For a full list of benefits please click here https://www.ageuk.org.uk/about-us/jobs/employee-benefits/
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.