An exciting opportunity has arisen at Age UK for a Project Support Officer to join our Wellbeing team on a Fixed-Term contract until 31st December 2023, working across a variety of projects aimed at improving older people's physical and mental wellbeing.
Working closely with Age UK's Network of 130+ partners, this role will support the delivery of projects across their life cycle, ranging from the implementation of funder-led reporting requirements to liaising with partners on the impact the project has had on their beneficiaries. This role will provide support and assist in the delivery of a high-profile Dementia programme, as well as other Wellbeing programmes.
As Project Support Officer, you will enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and will demonstrate exceptional organisational skills to ensure the successful delivery of this project.
You'll also work effectively with internal departments, local Age UK's, and delivery partners therefore, excellent organisational and communication skills are essential.
Please note that due to the Hybrid nature of this role, the successful applicant may be required to commute to the central London co-working hub on a regular basis, for example around four times per month.
All applications for this role will be anonymised, we won't know your name, address or gender until after shortlisting for interview has taken place. We want to select the best candidate for this key role based on lived experience and passion, rather than qualifications.
If you have a keen understanding of issues facing older people and/or experience of working in the charity sector - we'd love to hear from you!
You will have:
- Excellent organisational skills and proven ability to track progress of deliverables.
- The ability to plan and prioritise own workload to meet deadlines.
- Experience of presenting data and reports, including preparation of tables and graphs.
- Experience of data entry to a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Experience of organising meetings.
- Confidence liaising with people from different levels and backgrounds.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and the ability to learn new software applications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
What we offer in return:
* Competitive salary, 26 days annual leave + bank holidays + annual leave purchase scheme.
* Excellent pension scheme, life assurance, health cashback plan and EAP.
* Car Benefit Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and Season Ticket Loan.
* Techscheme - buy any tech from Apple or Currys, up to £1000, and spread the cost over 12 months, interest free
* Heka Fitness & Wellbeing Benefit.
* You Did It Awards - recognition awards from £100-250.
- This role is offered on a Fixed-Term contract (ends 31st December 2023).
- Occasional requirement to travel to local Age UK Partners across the country, sometimes involving overnight stays.
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.