How to apply
Age UK is the leading charity in the UK for older people. We provide services and support at both a national and local level to meet the needs of older people.
This is an exciting time to join Age UK, and its expanding fundraising team. We are recruiting for a Public Sector Grants and Relationship Manager to join the team on a full time permanent basis. This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate with sound experience in public sector, statutory or institutional fundraising to manage the relationships with some of Age UK's biggest funders.
* The successful candidate will take responsibility for managing the payment of pledged income and generating new funding opportunities from public sector funders through first class grant management and funder stewardship.
* You will proactively identify and facilitate relationships with public sector funders to support funding bids and generate new opportunities, engaging with funders through events, project visits, and leveraging internal stakeholder relationships.
* You will work with divisions across Age UK to negotiate and ensure compliance against contracts, grant agreements and agreed budgets
* You will oversee the production of high-quality progress reports and detailed expenditure budgets that meet all funder requirements
* Finally you will manage all records on public sector funder relationships, including existing grants and current contacts, ensuring that management information on all funded projects is available on demand.
Experience, Skills and Knowledge
* To be considered, candidates will need excellent relationship and project management skills, and demonstrable experience managing a portfolio of donors in a public sector, major donor, or corporate fundraising role.
* You should have excellent copywriting skills, and the ability to write compelling reports and presentations to funders.
* Solid analytical skills and great attention to detail is essential, as is your up to date knowledge of public sector funding within the charity sector.
What we offer
In return we offer a wonderful and rewarding environment, working for the UKs largest charity dedicated to helping everyone make the most of later life. In addition we offer a competitive basic salary and benefits package including 26 days annual leave + bank holidays, holiday purchase scheme, pension (we pay up to 9%), healthcare cash plan, life assurance, season ticket loans, cycle scheme, and more.
For a full list of benefits please click here
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.