Age UK has a vision of a world in which older people flourish. We aim to improve later life for everyone through our services, advice, campaigns, products, training and research.
The Age UK Influencing Division is looking for a Research Manager to work in their Quantitative Research Team. The ideal candidate will manage quantitative research projects and collaborate successfully with colleagues across Age UK providing research and statistics on a diverse range of topics of relevance to older people to further Age UK's work to support the older people who need us most.
You will have:
* Excellent quantitative research skills, including the ability to manage and undertake secondary analysis of large datasets using statistical packages such as Stata.
* Knowledge of or interest in learning about social policy in England and the UK, and how research can influence policy.
* Knowledge of some relevant publicly available data, and an interest in learning about other sources of data.
* Ability to research and interpret data and statistics from external sources, to appropriately assess their quality and to communicate these concisely and precisely to non-experts, verbally and in writing.
* Ability to manage complex research projects with multiple stakeholders.
* Ability to influence within a large organisation and externally.
* Ability to manage a complex workload, set priorities and meet tight deadlines.
* Flexible approach with ability to pick up new areas of work quickly.
* Empathy and understanding of equal opportunities and the needs of older people.
* Ability to support and challenge internal colleagues, with self-confidence and a commitment to communication and helping others meet shared goals.
What we offer in return
* 26 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
* Annual leave purchase scheme
* A fantastic pension (with up to 9% employer contributions)
* Health cash plan
* Annual Season Ticket loan (spread the cost of your commute)
* Cycle to work scheme
* Shopping discounts and many more excellent benefits
For a full list of benefits please click here https://www.ageuk.org.uk/about-us/jobs/employee-benefits/
Age UK is an Equal Opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of age, sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital/civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria. We welcome requests for flexible working.
Age UK is committed to safeguarding adults at risk, and children, from abuse and neglect. We expect everyone who works with us to share this commitment.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert at any time.
Age UK politely requests no contact from recruitment agencies or media sales. We do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment agencies nor accept the fees associated with them.